At Camellia, our goal is to provide comfort, care and compassion for those that require our hospice services — those in the final stages of terminal illness. In order to provide top-notch care for our hospice patients, we offer the following services:
- Physician Services – Our hospice medical directors work with the patient’s primary physician to certify eligibility for hospice services.
- Nursing Services – Camellia’s Registered Nurses are always available to handle any nursing needs our hospice patients require, including providing pain relief and addressing other symptoms of the patient’s illness. Our nurses work hand-in-hand with caregivers to assist with dispensing medication and nutritional needs and/or limitations as well as providing safety, comfort and support. The hospice nurse makes certain that all necessary medical supplies and equipment are on hand and communicates regularly with the patient’s physician and hospice medical director.
- Medical Social Services – Each patient is assigned a hospice social worker that will assist the patient and their loved ones by offering emotional support and counseling, helping to utilize appropriate community resources, providing information regarding advance directives and assisting with any end of life arrangements.
- Spiritual Support – Our chaplains provide spiritual support that is based on the patient's beliefs and are available to assist in the issues that arise during end of life care. When requested, our chaplain provides regular pastoral care visits, funeral services and coordination with the patient’s own minister. Our hospice chaplains do not impose their personal religious beliefs or seek to change the beliefs of others.
- Aide Services – Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, our Hospice Aides offer personal care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, nail and oral hygiene, skin care, foot care and ear care. Our aides also change linens, assist in feeding and ambulation and transfer assistance as well as light housekeeping, light meal/snack preparation and laundry assistance.
- Volunteer Services – Carefully selected and meticulously trained volunteers often work alongside our hospice team, offering extra support for those coping with terminal illness, grief and loss.
- Bereavement Services – As a vital part of our hospice services, our bereavement program offers support to our patient's loved ones that have experienced the loss of a loved one that was receiving Camellia Hospice services. Available to families for 13 months following the loss, our bereavement program focuses on the various stages of grief — Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. Everyone grieves differently and we strive to offer support to all of our families through support groups as well as an Annual Memorial Service to remember and honor our hospice patients that have passed.